Since it’s inception in 2006, FACKA has been focused on giving back to the community on the local and national level. We have raised and donated tens of thousands of dollars, provided awareness for different charities and subjects, wrangled up volunteers, provided non-perishables, toys whenever we can. FACKA is more then a kickball league, it’s giving back and team building.
Some events we do annually:
The JoAnn Garrett Classic
This is our annual all star game and party in honor of Mrs. Garrett who lost her battle with cancer after a long fight. FACKA member and friend, Allen Garrett and family allowed us to honor Mrs. Garrett’s life every year as we celebrate life and raise money for charity. The Garrett Family chose both the American Cancer Society and the Frederick Memorial Hospital Cancer Patient Assistance Fund as the charities we raise money for. FACKA has obtained VIP Donation status with ACS. Donating to FMHCPAS keeps it close to home. With national acts like Biz Markie, Social Ghost and Rival Schools, FACKA provides an awesome quality event for an extremely reasonable price.
The Turkey Bowl
Every year we get some downtowners and FACKA’s together for a friendly game of flag football. Admission is a unwrapped new toy valued at over $10, and it gets you great specials for the after party and tshirt for participating. We usually have a few large truck loads of toys that we drop off to the marines. We have also done this for HELP USA.
FACKA End Of Season Party
We always bring in great local bands and bands with ties to Frederick for this event. We usually charge a couple bucks and ask for a non-perishable which we then take over to the Frederick Food Bank. As always, we always end up with a good amount of money to donate and a few truck loads of food.
To date, and this list isn’t complete, but we have provided services, donated money and/or volunteered to the following charities and companies, often donating to multiple participants and annually :
- Make A Wish Foundation
- Community Living, Inc.
- Frederick Food Bank
- American Cancer Society
- Frederick Memorial Hospital Cancer Patient Assistance Fund
- Avon Breast Cancer Walk
- Pink Ribbon Awareness
- Zack Sowers Fund
- Frederick Giving Project
- Volunteer Frederick
- Sgt. David Smith Scholarship Fund
- Francie Billoti Scholarship Fund
- Team H.O.P.E
- Frederick Chamber of Commerce
- Relay For Life
- Frederick Alliance For Youth
- “Walk A Mile In Her Shoes” for the Heartly House
- Middletown Chamber Of Commerce
- Special Olympics Deep Creek Dunk
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Toys For Tots
- HELP USA
- Team SunShine For “The3Day”
- Kintera Inc.
- Equinox Dance Company
- Jason Hadeed Scholarship Fund
- MS Gettsyburg Bike Ride
- Muscular Dystrophy Association (USA)
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund
- The Community Foundation of Frederick County
- Frederick Downtown Partnership-adopted 6 trees for Christmas lights with A Corner Office